Share Photos and Videos as Private Message with Instagram DirectIn this article, you will learn the steps to create private conversations with your closest friends on Instagram with Instagram direct.
What is Instagram Direct?
It is a function of Instagram to share photos and videos directly and privately with a limited number of contacts, unlike doing so publicly and with all Instagram followers of any person.
What is it for?
You can share photos and videos sent by Direct Instagram to share images with a closed group of people. This group could be formed by those closest to you like your parents and siblings, your best classmates or your partner. In this way, you can show everyone your followers those photos of your interesting trips and places you have explored, and send directly to your family pictures of your children or intimate celebrations that will not be of interest to a wide group of users.
How does Instagram Direct work?
Before sharing through this useful function, make sure you have downloaded and installed in your mobile phone the latest version of Instagram.
Then open the app and tap the icon of your inbox which appears in the upper right corner of the screen. This is the place where you can view photos and videos that others have shared with you privately.
You can send a photo or private video in the following steps;
1. Touch the button to take a photo or video and then take that photo or video you want to share privately.
2. Then select one of the creative Instagram filters for that photo or a video filters, depending on what you are sharing. Or if you prefer, you do not include any filter and continue to the next step.
3. Now you have the option to share it with your Instagram followers in a direct and private way. Then select the latter option, touching on the button at the top section of this screen.
4. Select the names of the people you want to share the video or image directly. You can select up to 15 people to send this message and also write a descriptive message for this photo or video.
5. Press the button "Send" and you are done. You have shared this message directly and privately with all those people you selected.
Direct Instagram lets you know what people have seen private photo that you have shared, and who have not yet done. At the same time you will know who they liked that photo or video, and see comments that others write about it.